The effects of excessive sweating can cause unwanted grief.
Nancy, a Sweatshield Undershirts customer, shares her personal experience:
“I have literally quit jobs that required I wear a uniform that I would not be able to cover up, wear a jacket or otherwise hide the sweat. I sweat when it's hot, I sweat when it's cold, so no relief EVER from the embarrassment. I am so grateful I found your site. Thank you so very much. I am a lifelong customer, just wish I found you 30 years ago!”
Imagine going through a particularly humid day dressed in white and never once worrying about sweat stains.
With sweat proof undershirts, this is more than a possibility. The anatomy of a sweat-proof shirt best explains the technology that goes into the process. Keep reading for more information:
With some planning, the effects of excessive sweating can be managed. One of the tools for this is sweat proof clothing.
Sweat has an inconvenient way of showing up at inopportune times. Fortunately for modern men and women, these pioneering garments erase sweat anxiety.
People wear undershirts underneath:
- Dress shirts,
- Jerseys, and
- Informal shirts.
What Exactly Is a Sweat Proof Undershirt?
It is important to note that sweat proof undershirts do not keep people from sweating.
There are some basic elements to sweatproof undershirts. The technology used in their design work on the following principles:
- Keeping the body cool to minimize sweating
- Blocking sweat from seeping through to outer clothing
The fabric used in constructing sweatproof undershirts zeroes in on breathability.
When people sweat, the moisture is either repelled or absorbed into the sweat-proof fabric to prevent it from getting to the outer layers, creating stains.
Therefore, a person dealing with excessive sweating should make the distinction between regular purpose undershirts or vests and sweatproof clothing.
Can a Sweat Proof Undershirt Help?
Hyperhidrosis can be serious enough to warrant medical attention. People with secondary hyperhidrosis, which shows up in adulthood, should look into the underlying cause beyond using the tips in this article.
A sweat-proof undershirt ensures that stains do not transfer to shirts and dresses; it doesn’t result in less sweating. It is merely a tool to facilitate a better quality of day to day living.
What You Need to Know About Sweat Proof Undershirts
Anyone who would like to manage their excessive sweating using sweat proof undershirts should consider the following:
The Cost: Due to the patented technology, the pricing for quality undershirts can be slightly higher than conventional undershirts. People with hyperhidrosis, however, look at this as a long term investment.
Functionality: The majority of sweat-proof garment providers target the underarms. Anyone looking for extra protection in other areas should do a little further research.
Luckily, Sweatshield diversifies, also offering sweat proof options for:
Feel: People who are unfamiliar with sweat proof undershirts tend to think they feel strange or bulky, depending on the brand.
Breathability: Note that all sweat proof undershirts should be made from breathable fabrics like cotton or micromodal. Some brands combine fabrics to increase functionality and durability.
The Sweat Proof Technology
All brands focus on perfecting their sweat protection technology.
- In many cases, brands design their undershirts with a series of three protective layers to target the areas producing the most sweat.
The most prominent layer is usually the middle one. This is what brands refer to as the sweat barrier. It is responsible for keeping moisture away from outside clothes.
Materials used to construct the middle layer vary depending on brands. However, most of them favor fabric with antibacterial properties to keep odors at bay.
Choosing the right undershirt mainly depends on personal style. Customers usually look at the following circumstances to make informed choices:
- The kind of clothes they wear every day
- Weather conditions in their region
- Office or professional setting dress codes
- Whether they prefer form-fitting or loose-fitting undershirts
- What kind of body size and frame they have
Caring for a Sweat Proof Undershirt
A good sweat proof undershirt can last a year or longer. This depends on the intensity of use. With good care, you can extend this time.
Here are a few pointers:
- Your sweat proof undershirt will come with laundry specifications. However, most of them can be machine washed in warm or cold water
- The inner layer closest to the skin needs the most attention. During washing, target the areas most affected by sweat, especially the underarm. Apply washing detergent directly to these areas.
- Always turn the sweat proof undershirt inside out during both washing and drying to ensure maximum cleanliness.
- Avoid sleeping in sweat proof undershirts to encourage longevity. If you experience night sweats, consider other management options and treatments.
- Bleach and bleach byproducts can compromise the quality and functionality of a sweat proof undershirt. Unless indicated by the manufacturer, avoid using them.
- Avoid dry-cleaning unless otherwise indicated. The sweat-proof technology in the protective layer may be damaged, making it ineffective. This also applies to ironing. Direct heat has the same damaging effect and should be avoided.
- Invest in a good antiperspirant. You can find good quality products containing aluminum over the counter. Although using antiperspirant isn’t a requirement, it reduces sweat production. This means the undershirt will have less moisture to work with, keeping you drier for longer.
- Finally, store your undershirt turned out. This allows the inner fabric some exposure and fresh air.
Examples of Sweat Proof Undershirts on the Market
Many companies offer sweat-proof garments. This competition is a plus as it means consumers now have so many more choices.
However, with choice sometimes comes confusion. Here is a brief comparison table with some other examples of sweat proof garments on the market to help you decide.
Men’s and women’s undershirts (for both underarm and back sweating)
Original fit and slim fit sweat proof fabric options
$30 (+ Shipping)
|ItsDri's||Sweat proof undershirts for men and women||
$27 (including shipping)
Micro modal sweat proof undershirt.
$36 (+ Shipping)
|NanoDri||Sweat proof undershirts, sports shirts, polos, and shoe insoles||
$38+ (+ Shipping)
The Don’t Sweat It T-Shirt
A women-focused brand
$55+ (Free shipping over $75)
Remember: Sweatshield rewards its customers.
Sweatshield clients also have the freedom to return used undershirts for a 150% refund within 30 days of the purchase. They can return one used item, and as many as five unused items.
Stay in Control All Day
Excessive sweating doesn’t have to hold you back from living your life.
With Sweatshield undershirts, sweat related stress can be a thing of the past.
We are privileged to have sold sweat proof undershirts and sweat proof boxers to more than 20,000 people in 70 countries.
Our undershirts specialize in comfort and convenience, thanks to our silky smooth micro modal fabric, a tailored fit, and an invisible neckline.
Sweatshield offers a range of undershirts for both women and men. Because everyone deserves to look, feel and be their best self - all day, every day.